It doesn’t work exactly as the old powertoy. You have to right-click inside the folder (that’s on the right pane of Windows Explorer) and not over the folder in the Directory browser. I like more the old powertoy.
Tools I always install:
- WinMerge: Diff & Merge, with the next two [Windows]
- TortoiseSVN: Makes easier SVN and is required for the following [Windows]
- VisualSVN: To integrate SVN to Visual Studio [Windows]
- Launchy: Makes you way more productive [Windows, testing on Linux]
- IMy: Integrates Live Messenger with Launchy. I’m thinking on extending it to Pidgin for Linux.
- Ext2 IFS for Windows: Access ext2/3 filesystems on Windows for dual boot environments
- PuTTY and WinSCP
- ViEmu: Vim emulator for Visual Studio.
- GIMP and Inkscape
- Clear Cache
Even if it’s absolutely improbable that Hugh’s quest turns successful, he MUST go on. He is in the land of uncertainity, with a huge payoff if he succed: his daighter’s health. That reward is so great that even with a extremely low chance, it’s worth trying. This is one of the most inspiring stories I’ve ever read and send best wishes to Beatrice, Hugh and his family… I hope there’s anything we can do to help.
GIMP is great but I hate that sets the language to the current locale ignoring even Windows.
GIMP 2.6 path to locales is c:\program files\gimp-2.0\share\locale, and yes, delete all but en-* locales.
– Touchpad: Had to use the .8042.nomux=1 boot param for Kernel as described everywhere.
– Problems with the webcam: Cheese and Camorama useless but VLC and Ekiga ok. Seems to be some GStreamer problem. Update: new version of cheese 2.42.2 now works
– Dual screens were quite quirky to configure. Use gksudo nvidia-settings, Twin display mode and set the layout for both screens.
– I’m having some problems with sound. Sound is very low although everything is set up and loud. The master volume control for ALSA mixer sounds no-linear. There seem to be some problems with the drivers, but for now I’ll leave things like that.
– Touchpad too sensible. Fixed installing GSynaptics and enabling it as in here. (The issue is hard to test since appears as a “crazy mouse” when typing)